La Croix du Pin
Louis Lacroix and Eugène Dupin were two epicureans from Paris in the 1920s with a taste for gastronomy and great wine. Louis and Eugène’s restaurant, right next door to the Moulin Rouge, was the stamping ground of the cream of Parisian society.
When Eugène inherited a wine estate in the Languedoc, the two men joined forces and embarked on a wine adventure. One, two, three…eight grape varieties later and the wines of Messieurs Lacroix and Dupin had earned themselves a fine reputation.
In 1955, they were even lauded by the renowned food magazine ‘Papilles’ but the printer made a mistake and referred to them as ‘La Croix du Pin’. The name stuck and the success of their range of products spread and has not stopped since.